Wednesday, September 1, 2010


The Dream

What is your dream?

Don’t have a dream, then you are not really alive.

So get one!

Here’s mine (but you need to get your own as I‘m keeping mine)!

This exquisite piece of wood was a gift from Anne. It will wait for my skill level to catch up with its potential!

By the time I turn 50: I will be a wood turner of note, spending my days in my workshop on our farm, turning bowls. My window will look down the hill to the trees by the creek, where the horses like to stand. Sawdust curls will stream from my lathe and bowls will emerge with shape and form that is natural and unique to each individual piece of wood. I will love it all and feel so incredibly lucky. I will continue to develop my skill with the talented Australians in this area and visit wood turning exhibitions in other parts of the world, maybe even giving the odd demo to show what lady turners are capable of! (Well you‘ve got to dream haven’t you?)

Ahh isn't that a nice story – have to go. Time to start living it.

Until next time, Susan.


No comments:

Post a Comment