Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The leopard skin bowl is finished. Nearly ended up with a hole through it as Eddie demonstrated how to remove the base at the club. It jumped in the chuck, musn’t have been in right, hence the hole. After a swear which escaped my lips I was relieved to see it rescued. Ended up a different bowl but will just have to make another one now!

Began my third attempt at a mallet. First was the wrong shape, second was not a good piece of wood, third is a lovely piece of Camphor which Vince started me off on. Not really got any desire to make a mallet so will endeavour to finish it on Monday night as have a list of things I want to make next – a mortar and pestle for crushing egg shells to feed back to our chooks (sounds nice and Australian doesn’t it), little spinning tops for my girls, a handle for the tool Brad gave me and the thought that I would like to make all my Christmas presents this year as special gifts.

I went early to Anne’s this Tuesday as my youngest two girls were receiving awards at school later in the morning, at a Gold Award morning tea with the Principal. I wanted to make something for them as a small gift to say well done. Alison had made such a lovely tree last week and Anne had several interesting designs on her shelf, so we decided two were achievable in the time available. The little trees were fun to turn and it was a case of working quickly to hit the time deadline. They polished up beautifully and I raced off to school. I was a very proud mum when the awards were handed out. Afterwards they put their hands in my bag to feel for what was there for them. Their delight and their school success gave a warm glow.


No comments:

Post a Comment