Thursday, August 26, 2010


We have the best tutors at the Woodturning club - Anne & Peter. Anne is the most genuine, generous person who also let's me use her lathe at home. In addition to the 3 hours at the club on a Monday night, I go round to Anne's (just a few mins drive away) for another couple of hours on a Tues morning. Alison joined us this week too. I completed the inside of my bowl made from a piece of Silky Oak. It just needs the spigot on the base taken off on Mon night then my first bowl will be finished! Oh the satisfaction, I cannot explain the feeling of achievement and amazment at what I created. The grain is like the hide of an animal, the spots of a leopard or tiny ripples in the sand when the tide goes out. Alison made a miniature Christmas tree; it was lovely. Anne advises, teaches and encourages with such spirit. I feel very lucky.
Also took my husbands cheese knife round to Anne's, to enter in the Gold Coast Show - more for the experience than anything else. Haven't really got any piece good enough at this early stage but intend to have something dazzling in to the next Mudgee show!!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work for such a new chum to the craft. Can`t wait to see further developments in your journey with Aussie wood.

    regards Nanette

    ReplyDelete